Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFW Vicinity A&P/AI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DFW Vicinity A&P/AI

PA16 has a weird sense of humor in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Its funny to me because Steve is on here every morning before the crack a dawn, thats when he tries to reply to new posts... and the fact that coltsauras said he hoped steve was still in business because he checked his site and it hadnt been updated since 2010... read the thread again.. if that doesnt make you laugh than maybe I do have a weird soh.. but it cracked me up that he didnt realize this is Steves website.. like I said coltsauras was being sincere but just didnt realize Steve is still alive and well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been out of pocket for the last 2 days. Left at 5 am with a buddy to pick his Super Cub up east of Kansas City after a gust front came through and pushed it under a derelict Cessna at his fuel stop coming home from Oshkosh. We got there and got it loaded Wednesday night. Got it home and unloaded last night. Whirl wind trip but put me out of pocket for a few days. It has been hot in Texas from 108-110 but the humidity in Missouri, 98 degrees and 70 percent humidity at 7pm was brutal. We were both soaking wet by the time we had the plane disassembled and loaded. Luckily he is an A&P/IA and his wife is an A&P and one of the best fabric people out there. Looks like all I will have to do is a little tube repair in the aft fuselage and they will do the rest. They restored this one about 5 years ago and her's which is it's twin a few years ago. Both airplanes served in Italy together. We were all three parked together at Oshkosh. We were traveling together but I had to stop before them for fuel because I punched in the wrong identifier and went quite a ways out of my way before realizing it. Luckily they found a hangar and both climbed in her Super Cub and flew home. Although neither one of them had their back seats in so they had to compromise sitting on a sleeping bag in the back. I felt bad because I had me back seat but couldn't raise them on the radio or text till I was in Oklahoma.

Coltsauras, Come by anytime and we can look your airplane over and talk. I am the only two hangars on the east side of the Graham Municipal Airport. (RPH) and am usually there 7 days a week.

PXL_20230824_130024593.jpg

PXL_20230824_130052240.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the Super Cub gets back in the air again soon, what did they do in Italy? I like the military version of any civilian plane, I kick myself in the butt for not buying a PA-18 military version 10 years ago, was in Texas for 18 grand and flying but needed a lot of work. It was all there, not sure if it was flyable, cant remember but it was complete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure what they did. I do know the one I worked on last night was an instrument trainer. It had a heated pitot tube and a taller panel. This one will be back up and running soon. They are both retired and motivated. They fly most every day. He has a Pitts and an experimental Super Cub he is building a set of Montana amphibious floats for and she has her L21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow . That really sucks to have an incident on the road . But a great recovery story . Back to the thread . Steve is Back , now where did the new Colt owner go to ?

Post Thanks / Like

Steve always has a great story to share too!