Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Float Rigging wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Float Rigging wanted

I see that this is occasionally requested but not recently? I am dabbling with the idea of floats on the Pacer. I am looking for float rigging if anyone has a set kicking around. Likewise, is it possible to modify cub rigging to fit the Pacer? I can find EDO 2000 barrels without much grief, but the rigging is a different story. Thanks
    "If you do something; something else will happen. Don't wiggle the controls" Jim Alsip; EAA Webinar Oct 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Float Rigging wanted

The prints or drawings that EDO sells for the Pacer are on the SWPC CD. EDO asks about $250 for the rigging drawings, lengths, part numbers, etc.. About $ 10,000 for the pieces to fit EDO 2000 on a Pacer. There is a set of 1650’s in anchorage with Pacer rigging. Check the drawings to see if they fit the 2000. $4,500 for the floats and rigging is a bargain.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Float Rigging wanted

Thanks for the reply. I called Seaplanes North regarding the 1650's. It was not clear if the rigging is the same part numbers as for the 2000's. Great idea however. I will see if I can make that determiniation.
    "If you do something; something else will happen. Don't wiggle the controls" Jim Alsip; EAA Webinar Oct 2015