Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PA16 project

Post Thanks / Like

Default PA16 project

I may be getting a new airplane and I am not allowed to have two. I wanted to offer my project here first and see if there is any interest.

I’ve got a PA16 clipper. Serviceable fabric stitts poly fiber. Wings are off and in good shape. Interior and fairings are all off, but all there. Brand new sealed struts from Univair not yet installed still in the box. Also new bungees and new 800-4 tires and tubes that I just bought from Desser. New slider window from Great Lakes aero products and tracks from cub crafters. O-235 has about 800 hours on it, but it hasn’t run since the 70s. It was pickled. I depickled it recently. Seems like it may be ok. Put on two newly rebuilt mags with dual impulse couplings. I completely removed panel. There are no serviceable avionics. There are airspeed, altimeter, tach, and oil/press and temp currently at keystone instruments for overhaul but they haven’t done anything with them yet.

Looking to get out what I paid for the airframe. I’ll count the struts and tires etc as a loss at $11,500. Message me if you have any interest. Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA16 project

Are you saying you want $11.5k for the project?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir. I guess it wasn’t all that clear…

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you located? That could make or break a deal for many

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. The airplane is at Wolfe Airpark 3T2 South of Houston.