Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: King Radio battery replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Default King Radio battery replacement.

I’m having problems finding a shop to replace the battery in my radio. The shop the previous owner used is out of business. Any recommendations? It has to be soldered to the board so is not a in and out job. I’m in southern Illinois.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: King Radio battery replacement.

I don't know which radio you have, and I would of course never open up a piece of avionics, but I'VE HEARD that the KLX135 takes a TL-5135 and the KLN90b takes a TL-5104. I've also heard that they are $11.86 and $7.39 respectively, at Mouser. Here's some info from CSOBeech https://www.csobeech.com/KLX135A-InternalBattery.html .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: King Radio battery replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspey View Post
    I don't know which radio you have, and I would of course never open up a piece of avionics, but I'VE HEARD that the KLX135 takes a TL-5135 and the KLN90b takes a TL-5104. I've also heard that they are $11.86 and $7.39 respectively, at Mouser. Here's some info from CSOBeech https://www.csobeech.com/KLX135A-InternalBattery.html .
    It is a klx 135 and it has a tl-5134 battery (which i have already)
    . The shop that replaced the last time for the previous owner is out of business. Nobody local seams to want to touch it. Non of the places I’ve called return calls. Its just 3 solder joints but in a crowded spot.