Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Headliner Removal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headliner Removal

I am in the process of removing the headliner from my Tri-Pacer. I noticed that the headliner is tucked under and around the rear passenger window. How do I go about removing the headliner from this area without disturbing the outside fabric or removing the window? Or should I just carefully cut it out and leave the remaining part of the headliner there?

IMG_3184.jpegIMG_3185.jpegIMG_3186.jpegIMG_3187.jpeg

Here's a link to a youtube video of what I've done so far with removing the headliner and what I've found...

https://youtu.be/XResHefL5Jo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Headliner Removal

If you are replacing it, you will need to remove the rear windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Perfect Timing . I just decided I’m going to remove mine also

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1713.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_1712.jpeg

That ugly spot is glue from the headliner . Not corrosion, but yeah that made my heart skip a beat

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I'm sure you will be happy with the results. I think I'm going to go with putting closed cell foam up on the top of mine. I like the look of seeing the bars and the clean look that I've seen on other threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing the windows is not a big deal. You should take them out to make sure you can remove all of the old headliner and properly install the new one. Also prevents the windows from getting damaged or glue dripped on.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

Well, I did it too . Now I need a plan . No headliner , skylight , headliner

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I've been there. Looks pretty good if you ask me. Besides the obvious speaker replacement, I went with a nice wool Airtex headliner and could not be happier with the way it came out. It's one of the nicer features of my plane now. I thought about a skylight, but actually don't like the hot sun above me, so stayed with the original design. I also like the natural human eye signal-to-noise-ratio advantage of looking out from a darker place into the sunlight.
    Last edited by Subsonic; 11-14-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I wish mine looked that good. I got most of the fiberglass insulation out and what I'm seeing is NOT good. The wood from the dome light/ speaker panel looks like it has been wet, it's delaminated, and wavy. Also above the insulation on the bottom side of the fabric, looks to me might even have some mold spots. Yikes.
    IMG_3230.jpgIMG_3232.jpgIMG_3236.jpgIMG_3238.jpgIMG_3239.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a Tri-Pacer so I only have a rear window on the right side. I have an airtex panel on the lower part of that window that I really don't want to remove but it looks like that is going to need to come off if I can remove the rear window. Do you concur? I have already removed the vertical outer trim between the window and the front door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The important part , the frame looks good on yours . All the other stuff will be gone . Your doing great !