Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Looking for Houston Texas Tri-Pacer CFI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Houston Texas Tri-Pacer CFI

Need CFI for checkout.
    Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for Texas Tri-Pacer CFi

Texas is rumored to be a large state, you might want to narrow it down to "within 100 miles of Pilotsville".
    Here is a possible resource:
    https://www.iflightplanner.com/FlightInstructors/

Also, if you are rated in category and class, there are no FARs requiring a checkout in a new type of same category/class, but most would agree it's a good idea to spend a few hours with a pilot who is experienced in a Tri-Pacer, like the seller.
    If you have 200 hours in a 172, you can probably fly a Tri-Pacer no problem, with some guidance from a Tri-Pacer competent pilot.
    Use your good judgement here!
    I think to satisfy your insurance you may need to get checked out with a CFI.

If you do find a CFI to fly with to satisfy your insurance etc, might as well make it a BFR if it makes sense with your currency calendar and your budget.

Good luck,
    GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for Houston Texas Tri-Pacer CFI

We brought "Queenie" home 3 weeks ago! PA 22-135. Did my 1 hour of dual required by insurance so now I'm a TriPacer CFI/CFII and a TriPacer A&P/AI in the Houston Area!