Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: skySensor installed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: skySensor installed

Installation is about the same for SkSensor as it is for SkyBeacon. On the PA-22, you will likely need to cut out a spacer the shape of the fairing. The firing has a bulkhead that the original light mounts to that is slightly recessed. You need a spacer to move the mounting surface flush with the fairing. If you don't have a spare wire going out to the tip you will have a choice of strobe is on anytime the tip light is on or no strobe.

Post Thanks / Like

Mechanicaly intalled but does it work? Mine was easy install but can't get it to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you configured the unit to your plane - use the app and your phone to specify parameters? If you’re having trouble with sky sensor and it is powered up, you need to connect your map software via wifi

Hope that works for you

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has worked well for the past year. No issues except operator error when I forgot to select it as the Wi-Fi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in the process of installing mine only to discover my 5-year old SkyBeacon was dead … no lights or xmit signal. Anyone else have this problem? I don’t know how long it’s been dead. UAvionix says $550 to repair as it’s out of warranty.

In the past my checklist item was to verify nav lights on by checking the interior lights but I guess I need to check lights on the walk around … No telling how long I’ve been non-compliant.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

First step before you spend $500 is to check it is getting power and has a dood ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, first thing I did … pulled it off the wing and connected directly to a battery. Dead as a doornail.

Chris