Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Piper Autocontrol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Piper Autocontrol

This guy, Gough, Douglas <Douglas.Gough@piper.com> .. he can get your original flight manual for $50 less than the dealer. He can tell you what/all documents came with your plane. This is what he emailed me about my plane....
    Bill,
    The printed publications I have for this 1959 Tri-Pacer are as follows:
    Airplane Flight Manual REPORT 817
    Winterization Supplement VB-790
    Owner's Handbook 753-526
    These items should be considered mandatory for your aircraft.
    The AFM is $150.00 and comes with the supplement.
    The Owner's Handbook is $25.00 and contains a wealth of information about the aircraft.

These items are all in printed form as they are required to be in the cockpit at all times.

Here is his reply after I placed the order....
    Sir,
    The manual will ship out tomorrow. I am including an extra Owner's Handbook at no cost. I have also sent a records request to that department and if they have anything on microfilm on this aircraft, they will include it.
    Tracking information and paid invoice to be emailed to you by end of day tomorrow.

Regards,
    Douglas Gough

All documents came bound in a nice folder, clear cover. Great purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eacfly View Post
    Mark, what wing leveler did you install?

Ed
    It was already installed on my plane and I can’t really find any information on it. I’d love to have a owners manual for it, but not sure what to look for. It’s pretty easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Jus' curious, so I googled Piper Autocontrol and looked at the Autocontrol III, and Altimatic III Manual which lists all the Pipers that had these installed.

I see PA23, 24, 28, 31, etc., but Nothing for a PA22. Is this installation on a PA22? If so, I'd be surprised if the CD showed any drawings for it.
    I have the CD and have been through all the drawings several times. Unless there is an updated CD with it a on there I doubt you’ll find it. I think Glen mis-spoke when he said it was on the CD. If he truly knows for sure it’s on the disc, I’d like to know the drawing number.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is Piper Autocontol 1. My plane is PA-22, 1959 but the Autocontol was installed later in 1973. See diagram attached.

AutoControl.jpg