Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Instrument Panel CAD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Instrument Panel CAD

The press to test annunciator came out of an Archer. Removed the ALT circuit for the B&C light. Put in a press to test for starter engaged, low oil pressure and low fuel from a JPI450.

Would like to install Avionics relay in panel or even in Svenn's master solenoid box under seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I made some progress! Still need to take drawings out to plane to do a dry fit. Pictures are not to scale...

Pilot.jpgCenter.jpgCoPilot.jpg
    Last edited by eacfly; 01-19-2024 at 06:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the hook or peak on the copilots side panel. It finishes it. Are you going with the waterjet?

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabondblues View Post
    I learned using the EAA Solidworks $45.00 subscription and watching videos on Youtube. Would you like to make a spot on this site for shared work? A "Makers" space sort of as a Membership benefit.
    DFX files (Drawing Format Exchange) only and some artwork, signs, windspinners that kind of thing.

Todd
    Im currently in my second semester or Solidworks training at a local community college. I would be interested in creating and contributing to this site if there is interest.
    Brian
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Im currently in my second semester or Solidworks training at a local community college. I would be interested in creating and contributing to this site if there is interest.
    Brian
    We, ShortWingPipers fans could collaborate on a makers space. https://www.solidworks.com/solution/...erspaces-offer

Post Thanks / Like

The peak is to cover up a hole somebody put there for light/switch. After taking out to airstrip and rough fitting, it needs to be modified. Measure 100 times, cut once!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eacfly View Post
    The peak is to cover up a hole somebody put there for light/switch. After taking out to airstrip and rough fitting, it needs to be modified. Measure 100 times, cut once!
    Right on to that. That is why I asked if you are going to have it cut on a waterjet. So once you have all your measurements confirmed it will need to be "vectorized and turned into dxf. file. The process usually works best in one of the water jet proprietary programs like FlowPath for example. FlowPath imports the vector based dxf. file and outputs an ordered path ord file. FlowCut then uses the ord. to communicate code (g code) to the machine, with consideration to pierce points, kerf thickness, lead ins, etc.

If you want I can take your info and create g code for a Laser. No kerf process, radius compensation and almost three times faster than waterjet. The hourly costs are the similar but working time is in the Lasers favor. I am not in this for money, just personal enrichment.

Made a one piece model of the PA22 panel in Solidworks. Used carbon fiber for illustration only. I can show my sketch with dimensions to compare to yours.

Also looking at your drawings, the compass is located right next to where the two wires go to the landing and taxi lights. You probably want to move it 12" from Lenz's LH rule of generators. You know grabbing the wire with you left hand, your thumb is the direction of current flow and the lines of flux are your fingers. Compass might go crazy when you use the lights.

Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 01-28-2024 at 12:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer Todd! I am still a long way from needing to cut. Need to meet with IA, remove most of the instruments, dry fit again, etc. Also need to go local machine shop who will be doing it and ask what they need? DXF, cut file, etc. Also see "Wanted" - looking for regular control wheel with shaft as the the one I am removing is about 1.5" shorter than normal one due to "Piper Autocontrol."

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

There are at least a couple of frame tubes that restrict the depth of instruments that can be placed in several hole locations. They come from the horizontal tube across the lower dash to the cluster centered under the lower windshield. Will you be adding those restrictions into your CAD planning too?

Post Thanks / Like

I am aware of those restrictions. I am not adding in CAD but was going to measure and look once the panel is apart.

Ed