Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for shop for annual on PA 22/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for shop for annual on PA 22/20

Anyone wondering who we are talking about here is a good bio on the Kimball's. https://jkeworks.com/history/
    I met Kevin many years ago at Sun & Fun. Spent time at their booth talking airplanes with Kevin, Ben Morphew and lots of other interesting characters. I remember Kallin started flying lessons and was flying a neighbors Super Cub. He loved to rib stitch. I told him I thought he was crazy. He was stitching Pitts Model 12 wings. He has grown up and learned the craft from his dad and grand dad. They have built and restored some beautiful aircraft.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for shop for annual on PA 22/20

The first time my cousin Rick too me by their shop--- I saw Kellin with a pitts 12 up on edge in a wing rack rib stitching away.
    he was obviously good at it and enjoying it. Quite impressive what they have done on the Vega -- how they made the rings for the fuselage. They were making a really high end wooden boat at one point--- but it may have been just a prototype for a made to order product.