Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: booster

Post Thanks / Like

Default booster

So my original scott break booster mounted up on the front engine mount (not under the seat) has a crack across the case just behind where the break lever bolt goes through the holes. I have new shiny ones at Osh but I don't think they were tso? What are my replacement options?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: booster

Steve’s vented brake booster.
    https://www.stevesaircraft.com/vbrake.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, Steve’s brake booster attaches to your broken part. That is a very common place for the housing to break. I bought a new PMA part from Univair. I would be concerned that the used ones on the auction sight might be in the same condition as yours. Brakes are kind of important so I personally do not go cheap in that area. Steve’s brake booster is just about required for disk brakes. If your drum brakes are setup properly, they work fine with the Scott brake. There is a bit of modification to install Steve’s brake booster on the engine mount. The booster housing interferes with the stock voltage regulator position. I had to relocate the voltage regulator to the right side of the firewall and make a bracket to hold the parking brake valve. You also have to order the low profile reservoir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a couple of used frames that correct side for the engine mount installation. I can inspect and verify that they are good.