Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CO level in cabin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: CO level in cabin

Quote Originally Posted by walt.buskey View Post
    Good discussion. Next on my list! Other than the Lightspeed in-the-headset CO detector, what do folks recommend for an "active" detector?

BTW... at long last, I have finally started back on training with my CFI!!

Walt
    I only fly with the DZ headset, I don't have another CO detector. The DZ headset does a great job with it and it will give you readings at the touch of a button. You can set an alarm threshold in the app to alert you when the readings get too high. It will also log all the data through the app as well.

If you're interested in getting one, if you don't mind, please use my link below. I get a bit of a kickback and it goes towards providing aviation scholarships to kids looking to get their PPL or A&P. Through my local EAA Chapter we've been able to give out about 3 to 4 scholarships a year!

https://www.lightspeedaviation.com/p...eadset/?ref=60

Thanks!

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear you getting back to flying Walt

Post Thanks / Like

My nose is in the middle of my face and most of the time that is located about 20 inches aft of the panel and 10 inches under the headliner in the pilot seat. That's the best place for a CO measurement, IMO. Since that wasn't a practical mount location, I took the next-best approach and mounted my digital detector on the nut plate location that used to hold the clothes hanger hook on the "B" pillar just to the outside of my left ear. It's maybe 12" from my nose. My gauge reads zero all the time - climb, cruise, etc. Even when taxiing. I think I'll try it in super slow flight, at altitude and see what it says. I can smell exhaust fumes when I do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've looked into getting the Sentry that has an integrated CO detector. Seems to have good reviews.