Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Annual 2024: Oil Screen Housing cracked

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual 2024: Oil Screen Housing cracked

Hi All,

My A&P reports the housing to my oil screen has a cracked ear (or something), and needs to be replaced.

I was wondering if I should opt for the adapter for a spin-on. But these hard oil cooler lines seem to be interfering.

IMG_3731.jpgIMG_3757.jpg

Any thoughts? It seems like the B and C adapter requires a spacer, and that spacer wouldn't be able to sit where it needs to.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual 2024: Oil Screen Housing cracked

You would have to swap out the hard lines for flex with completely different fittings into the accessory case.

I probably have half a dozen used housings, shoot me a call in the morning. 541-826-9729

—Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Annual 2024: Oil Screen Housing cracked

Picture here of what I got into with the hardline when installing an oil filter adapter. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...Filter-Adapter
    Soft lines are the way to go in my opinion. If you do stay with the oil screen I have several housings as well.

Those ears cracking is a common issue, maybe over torqueing or multiple cycles. Some useful info posted here on servicing the oil screen. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...rst-Oil-Change

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Annual 2024: Oil Screen Housing cracked

Install soft oil lines and a spin on filter . I did it after 2or 3 annuals . Was tired of the mess with the screen and just can’t deal with an engine with no oil filter . I have an I/A that will allow me to do my work .He signs off after inspection. The guys on this forum gave me all the knowledge and confidence to do it
    However , if you don’t want to go that route I have a housing for an 0-320 you can have