Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Carlson Aircraft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carlson Aircraft

Wanted to purchase some experimental ribs from Carlson, but think maybe they went out of business. Wicks sells some of their products, but I couldn't find any ribs. Does anyone know if they have closed. If not do you have a valid email address?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Carlson Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy49 View Post
    Wanted to purchase some experimental ribs from Carlson, but think maybe they went out of business. Wicks sells some of their products, but I couldn't find any ribs. Does anyone know if they have closed. If not do you have a valid email address?
    If you look up the website, it shows they are now owned by Wicks. I bought extrusions from them in the past for float rigging on experimental planes,but that's been a hand full of years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope Wicks keeps making their ribs, they were nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy49 View Post
    Give Wicks a call. Their business has downsized a bit but they are still there. Well, the aircraft business is, the organ company (which is why they originally got into spruce) is gone.
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Just got an email from Wicks and they said they are not making the ribs at the present time, but they might in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a set of Wag Aero ribs for a Cub if interested, about the same difference as the Carlson's. I also have some "T" section extrusions if you want to build your own ribs.