Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop tip distance from tire? 1957 PA22-135

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prop tip distance from tire? 1957 PA22-135

Walt, that is pretty normal in my experience with four different PA-22s.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Troy. I've learned that, with this particular plane, not much is necessarily as it seems....

But it's now working well. A few more things to take care of --aren't there always?-- but at least I'm getting some dual time in on it. Looking forward to spring and warmer weather -- though we're scheduled to have another major late-spring snowstorm over the next few days. Gotta love it, right?

Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prop tip distance from tire? 1957 PA22-135

I was curious to measure my gap with a nose wheel fairing installed. I have 3“ to the fairing.
    Previously I added one big washer behind the lower engine bushings to fix an issue where the intake tube came so close to the nosewheel mount that it almost touched. You may want to check your clearance between intake tube and mount. The second picture is taken looking down and forward along the tube on the righthand side.

Last edited by leifur; 04-07-2024 at 02:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I measured 2 tripacer nearby. From edge of prop to tire was just under 2 inches on the first and just over 2 inches on the second. No wheel pant on either.