Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Sticks in a Pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sticks in a Pacer

Hi Stephen,
    Yes, green brackets attach as the existing attach for the elevator the blue brackets would attach where the existing steering column attaches on a stock pacer and are the swivel point. I drew the aileron cable attach on the right stick, there would need to be one on the left. the cable attach are on the same axis as the attach point so the cable would not swing. What did I miss? I have not built and tested this concept yet.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like it will work but, I wonder about the clearances. With the axis above the normal pivot point at the horizontal tube you will have the whole bracket swinging which will require more room. I am guessing that your pivot point is easier to install. But, you may have a challenge getting the throws right and having enough room. I built mine like the Clipper and getting full aileron deflection was a challenge.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Good points. Until I build a prototype and actually test it I won't know what changes are needed or even if its practical. I'll be doing that soon and I'll let you know how it works out or doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Post pictures as you are doing this project. It should be interesting to see.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."