Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: interior insulation

Post Thanks / Like

Frank; I cannot pull the title of his book up from my rusted up archives to save my life. This pic was was taken either the last week of July or the first week of August, last Summer. He was indeed doing FANTASTIC (would we be surprised about that, knowing what Roger has logged in his lifetime?) at that time. He had a setback in December (criminy, he was NINETY-SIX at his last Birthday!!!!!), having totalled up a couple strokes. He's been forced to slow down a measurable amount. He still LOVES to have people "wander in unannounced" (triple so, if they FLY IN out of nowhere), but you have to expect that he tires quite easily and your visit MAY be what you might expect reasonable, time-wise...but if anybody has been there a while before you, he may actually "retire" early. You surely can't allow yourself to feel "snubbed" if he can't "hold up his end". That said, he might entertain you as his old self for hours! His brain is a sharp as ever, but his tongue is sometimes rudely uncooperative. He genuinely enjoys people, as he always has. Yeah, you ought to MAKE some time to go visit Roger, if you can't just "find some". He's the best. He's bound and determined to make it past 100, but to zero you in as to "where he's at"...he hasn't been Preaching since December.

Charlie (his Son) retired a couple years ago and has taken over sexton duties on the strip, so you can expect it to be in the shape you remember it (heh! "like a billiard table"!). He's "over with Dad" quite a bit, living just across the road. Doors open usually around ten A.M. Go see 'im.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job there Frank. Thanks for sharing. Did they send the covers for the seats or did you send them to AirTex?

Lou S.

Post Thanks / Like

Purchased their kit and put them on myself. Sandblasted and painted the frames first. I have done upholstery before though. Not hard. Glue and D rings. The covers fit pretty well and the new foam is nice.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

Default sound ?

I found some foil backed felt (both sides) from aircraft spruce and sealed it with alu tape, my hope is to cut down on noise any heat retention would be a bonus.

Terry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

hello terry i noticed that your doing the skylight mod good idea this improves the viz and also eliminates the fabric ad i am just going to start that stc on my project can you show some pictures of how you did it also the picture of the insulation realy helps thanks rocket 204

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rocket, There are some photos here http://picasaweb.google.com/Pierceaero/PacerN8042D# of a Steve's Skylight I installed. The aluminum side panels are custom made. It really opens up the headroom as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice

Steve did you do this work? Nice looking install. Rocket I can get some pics but will take a day or so to get back to my shop.

Terry PS "Steves" installation instructions are well written and easy to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Wicks sells a foam type insulation by the square foot. It is also fire blocked as per the FAR's according to their add. I am gluing it to my floor and side panels and it really seems to cut down on sound transfer when you tap on the panels. It comes in different thicknesses. I guess time will tell how well it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna bring this thread back into action. I'm getting ready to order some new firewall insulation (think I'm going with the Wag Aero firewall pad) and I'm wondering what the best adhesive to use for attaching it to the firewall is? Is there a specific adhesive just for this installation?

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished my firewall pad installation.
    DSCN0742.jpg
    I've also got to show off the new firewall I built. JohnW gave me the great idea of buying the Harbor Freight bead roller to build my stainless steel firewall. All together I only have about $120 wrapped up in the firewall and insulation pad! I guess it pays to build this stuff yourself!
    DSCN0743.jpg