Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Filter Adapter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do I have room for a spin-on oil filter?

Thanks much

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oil Filter Adapter

Steve did you ever post the pictures, I am going to do the flex line installation, and trying to locate and determine the hoses needed with appropriate fittings, I have a 59 PA 22/20-160 and installing an Interav altinator and Casper spin on oil filter adapter.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, can you direct me to get hold of Bill from Casper Labs? I have a PA22/20-160 and would like to install the spin-on filter adapter. Would you have any information on changing from the hard oil cooler lines to the flex or direct me to a source. I'ld appreciate any help you could offer. I sure like the looks of your installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Stratoflex 111-8 hose with 300-8D fittings. You will need a 45 degree elbow for the line on the accessory case by the screen/filter and for the oil cooler under the alternator and a 90 degree elbow at the other accessory case fitting and oil cooler at the starter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I merged about 3 threads on oil filter adapters so all the information is in one place.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much, this is very helpful. I contacted Bill, of Casper Labs Inc to assist me in the installation of the spin-on oil filter adapter and he was also very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

HA! Steve is a reader-mind. As I was clicking the spin on oil filter link I thought to myself, I should ask Him to merge all those filter threads into one.

I wanted to add that the Airwolf remote filter installation does not require fiddling with the hard oil cooler lines. It is what I used. Not sure it really is the easiest solution or the best all things considered. I've just always hated screwing around with oil on the muffler behind the engine temp probe line nonsense with the Lycomings. Over the years I've gotten over it-means smarter!

Batplanes on the pond in a whiteout at the moment but if I remember I'll post a couple photos.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for what Rocket said! There is too much stuff on the back of the engine already, and I too did not want oil running down on the muffler shroud. I mounted my Airwolf on the right side of the firewall where it is easy to access for draining and removal. With the filter full of oil, there is a lot of weight hanging on the firewall. Therefore, I installed a doubler on the inside of the firewall to spread the load, and prevent cracking. Also, with the stock installation the filter is just hanging unsupported. I made a contoured support that holds the filter steady. I am not the brightest when it comes to fabrication, but I was pretty pleased with the outcome on this. Will shoot a photo today and post it for clarity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pa20; 12-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Mark!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Digging through old posts for info on the air wolf install. Can anyone post photos of your install please? Considering it for my 50' Pacer O290D.

Thanks,
    Todd