Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Bungee Installation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bungee Installation

Hi Joe, I finally remembered to boot up the old PC and find those files for the Bungee Boss.
    The hardest part (assuming welding is a skill you already possess) is finding a suitable mechanical jack like that shown in the photos and drawing.
    We used one from an old Toyota pickup.
    Ours works great and really reduces the risk up injury; we have five Tri-Pacers and two Pacers in our group so this thing gets dusted off every year!
    Here's a video of someone using one, using a good cordless drill makes it really easy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgL5JGSy748
    I would suggest you clamp it in a vise on a really solid table, not your wife's card table!
    I like how the owner cleaned up and painted the hydrosorb before installing the rings.
    Be sure to arrange the rings on the tool so the threads that wrap the joint are in the middle of a straight area, not over the ears.

Best of luck,
    Glen in Oregon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Glen Geller; 10-03-2018 at 12:19 AM.
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"