Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Fender ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender ??

I've got a buddy who is missing the mud flap-fender on his Tri-Pacer. Does anyone have on in a corner of their hangar? His PA-22 is the AOPA give away plane, and we wonder if the fender was lost when it went over on its back.

Paul
    Salome, AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fender ??

There is one on ebay right now. I think the buy it now price is $24 plus shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

The one on ebay is only the fender and not the mounting structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paul,

I'm traveling in the RV, but think I might have one at the hanger up in Cottonwood. I'll check and let you know, if you don't get other offers. How have you been doing?

John,
    Arizona Pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPacer View Post
    Hi Paul,

I'm traveling in the RV, but think I might have one at the hanger up in Cottonwood. I'll check and let you know, if you don't get other offers. How have you been doing?

John,
    Arizona Pacer
    Please do check when you get a chance. He will need the mounting stuff as well as the fender flap itself. If there was a way to bypass the getting older stuff I'd be doing great.
    Thanks

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

if John doesnt have the assy i have the frame you can have for shipping but you will need the fender from ebay to make it complete

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the computer guy so I guess I'll be the go between guy instead of Tom the plane's owner. I mentioned that the plane is the old AOPA give-away PA-22. As some of you may know the plane went over on its back during a forced landing before it was given away. They guessed that the right tank with less than 1/3 in it was the culprit. Tom found a picture of it on its back and sure enough, the nose gear is bent. So in their haste to give it away they left off the fender.

I'm also kinda motivated to get this done since I'm the IA who has missed the missing fender during the annuals. No excuse there.

So Tom ordered the flap itself on Ebay and we'll take Jay up on his most generous offer for the frame.

Thanks a million everyone. If you're in the vicinity of Salome, AZ please drop in at 2AZ1 Indian Hills Airpark.

Thanks again

Paul