Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Conical Lycoming Rubbers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Conical Lycoming Rubbers

Replacing my lower left (left seat side) rubber mount as well. (looks like a flat tire). All others look okay. Will most likely replace both lower ones if my AP/IA tells me to.

Looks like you have to take off the return oil lines and, engine block oil line “fittings”, to clear/remove, mounting bolt? (under the cylinder jugs)

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like someone has modified your oil lines and run them between the cylinders and intake tubes. Can you post a picture? I usually replace all the bushings at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry2011 View Post
    Replacing my lower left (left seat side) rubber mount as well. (looks like a flat tire). All others look okay. Will most likely replace both lower ones if my AP/IA tells me to.
    ....snipped....

Larry
    Larry,
    Why would you not replace all of them? They are not independent units, and if one is worn...Then they all are stressed (IMHO). They are cheap, and you are going to have to loosen all the mount bolts anyway. So, do yourself a favor and plan to do them all.
    Question...You are aware that there is no specific torque on the bolts, correct? In lieu of a torque, the mounts are compressed to 1.84" (see post #2)
    Good luck!
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2018 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

. . . sounds easy enough, will replace them all!

I believe they are draining excess oil from the valve cover, back into block/case? I am probably using the wrong wording for the "oil return lines". Here's what's in the way of removing bottom mount bolt.

image1(1).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rocker cover drain back lines. I just changed a set of bushings and didn't have to remove any. The bottom left took a little work of sliding the bushing up the bolt as I pulled it out and the same back in. Helped that I put some DC4 on the inside of the bushings.

Post Thanks / Like

Will take a pic of mine, when I get back at it later this week. Just found this pic to show you those engine block fittings.
    Borrowed a cherry picker and, prepped everything last Saturday, before I get started.
    Man, eye-balling it, looks like that oil drain back fitting will be in the way; that's a long engine mount bolt. (Bolt head facing and backing out towards front of engine)
    Will try your process first Steve, before I remove more than I have to.(and DC4)

Thanks!