Just finished the windshield install in the TriPacer. LP plastics windshield. Fit was pretty close. Good optics. Had to trim the bottom about 3/4 inch and triangle cut on the sides. As our fabric attach “D” tubes had been previously bent out of position, it took a bit of measuring to get them back into the correct position. I put a straight edge across the wing leading edge in line with the tabs on the “D” tube. subtracted the thickness of the windshield and realigned the tubes. I then measured the distance from the wing leading edge butt to “D” tubes and adjusted the inboard/outboard position of the tubes accordingly. The windshield laid right down, even with the wing leading edge and with about 1/8 inch gap around the bottom of the inner collar. I installed the outer collar from the collar center towards the aft to pull the windshield snugly into position. There should be screws through the horizontal tabs on the “D” tubes that go through the leading edge wing fairing, windshield and tab along with the side screws attaching the interior windshield post trim. Originally secured with a PK screw and tinnerman lock tab, we used a machine screw, nut and washer to better control the torque. Do not forget the fiber washers between the windshield and metal tab. It also looks like the vertical tab on the “D” tubes should also attach to the windshield. They line up perfectly with the sides of the windshield when the “D” tubes are in the correct position. Interior headliner would be much simplified with the windshield removed. The hardest part of the install was removing the silicon/chalking material from the upper windshield channel without doing any damage to the fabric or structure. Curses on the previous installer.
N2709P