Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Miss P

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miss P

Sperando got quite the spread in this months (April) "Plane and Pilot"; about time someone noticed the SW's. Frank sure has a great looking plane, says he spent $40k rebuilding it, I'll bet I've got about the same or more into mine and it dosen't look half as good. Some of the listed performance stats are confussing, take-off roll 1120 feet, and landing roll 780 feet. That sounds more like a Bonanza than a Pacer.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Miss P

Stephen,
    I think the only things your planes share is the name. Two different missions. If it makes you feel any better I would rather have yours.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I had the pleasure of meeting Frank and Miss Pearl at Oshkosh in 2003. Frank was a real gentleman and it goes without saying, his airplane is gorgeous. In fact, it is so nice I would almost be afraid to use it if it were mine. But that's just me. Obviously, Frank uses his airplane and has no qualms about sharing it with others. I even heard that, unlike many aircraft owners, he actually encourages people to touch his airplane!

-dave