Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtex Interiors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airtex Interiors

Has any one out there had any fairly recent experience with the Airtex side wall panels for a PA22 or PA20? Do they make a nice installation and such? I am having a hard time getting any useful information out of them. Trying to decide whether to go with Airtex, or just put the fabric on again.

Thanks

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Airtex Interiors

Quote Originally Posted by this-is-steve
    Has any one out there had any fairly recent experience with the Airtex side wall panels for a PA22 or PA20? Do they make a nice installation and such? I am having a hard time getting any useful information out of them. Trying to decide whether to go with Airtex, or just put the fabric on again.
    Thanks
    Steve
    I've installed an Airtex interior and think it is a very well made product. The install is still quite a bit of work and will involve lots of trimming to obtain a nice fit. They make almost everything with excess material to ensure it fits the fleet. I purchased everything from them (i.e. side panels, headliner, carpet, seat upholstery, etc.) It's not the cheapest, but it is well made and I'd buy from them again. I have attached some pics for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 02-11-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

wow I cant say I ever knowingly saw an airtex interior but that looks really nice I may just have to do some pricing for my project and see if its doable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay heil
    wow I cant say I ever knowingly saw an airtex interior but that looks really nice I may just have to do some pricing for my project and see if its doable
    Jay, Im sure Ben is being honest about the product, but bear in mind, all the work I have seen of his (photos only) is flawless.
    I expect that when I use airtex my mileage may vary...

Post Thanks / Like

ooooooh doesnt he come and install it too? hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

I recently installed seat covers in the Colt, and they were nice. But there's a difference between a seat cover being fitted by a newbie (me), and someone who's experienced with upholstery work, (my buddy that I was wise enough to bring my seats to). His seat looked great, with all the seams lining up with the edges perfectly, while my seat looked like a chimp stuffed it with straw. FWIW
    P.S. Hillbilly, try to control yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bultaco Jim
    I recently installed seat covers in the Colt, and they were nice. But there's a difference between a seat cover being fitted by a newbie (me), and someone who's experienced with upholstery work, (my buddy that I was wise enough to bring my seats to). His seat looked great, with all the seams lining up with the edges perfectly, while my seat looked like a chimp stuffed it with straw. FWIW
    I was a newbie to all of this when I did my Airtex seats and headliner and they turned out very well. Take your time and call Airtex if you have any questions; they will answer any questions you will have. I posted a detailed explanation of what I learned by doing my interior a while back and it should be in the archives on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bultaco Jim
    *laughing*

After that setup Jim, its tough buddy...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I have installed many airtex products over the years, and have always been happy with them. My concern is the method of attachment of the side walls for the PA22. When I asked Airtex about it, they were very vague!!! You that have installed them, could you enlighten me on the attachment method. Also, does anyone have an idea how much the sidewalls weigh.

thanks

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the look of screw heads and countersunk washers so I am going to use self adhesive velcro. That way if it needs to be removed it is an easy job.

Curly