Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "PIPER" cowling emblem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "PIPER" cowling emblem

I found a company that is doing flat aluminum .060" thick with the measurements from the drawings.

Post Thanks / Like

you can make them using this method also.. quite suited for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXj5...e=channel_page

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuel gauge calibration plate

Quote Originally Posted by ;25798
    I ran across this material when I was manufacturing Fire Suppression Systems [for panel overlays, manufacturer's tags, product info., etc.] It is a thin Aluminum Photo Sensitive material that can be processed with your laser or inkjet printer. All you need is good artwork or the ability to produce the artwork with Corel or Adobe Illustrator, etc. Check out this link. I contacted them and they sent out samples of all their products within a week. Works with B&W or Color.

http://www.horizonsisg.com/products/metalphoto.asp

Mark
    Mark (if you're still around) or anyone else who is familiar with this,

Would this be practical & cost effective for a single item? I need a single .010 x 1/2 x 2 7/8 in aluminum piece marked with silver numbers on a black background that will be constantly submerged in gasoline. I'm guessing annodized would be best for longevity in gasoline. I'm not sure how Piper did this in 1948-49 to maintain the permanency of the black while submerged in gasoline.

Any chance anyone has a discarded fuselage fuel tank or gauge from their Vagabond, Clipper or Pacer (not sure if any of the early Pacers used fuselage tanks) and would be willing to part with the gauge or the calibration plate (aluminum plate with silver markings on a black background) reading "0 - 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 - F". I thought I had my hands on one , as a friend has a Clipper that is planned for a conversion to wing tanks, but my friend does not want to part with the plate until the Clipper is actually flying with wing tanks, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brett, Here is the gauge from Wagaero. http://store.wagaero.com/product_inf...products_id=98

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve,

I already have one of those gauges brand new in the box. And I believe they are identical to what Piper used, with two exceptions. Piper (at least according to their drawings) fully straightened the float arm, and they added a calibration plate that fit over the original readings. The calibration plate both makes the readings more accurate for the 12 gallon tank, and makes the gauge more readable. It's the plate that I'm looking for, or trying to find a way to reproduce. (I have seen the calibration plate in my friend's PA-16 Clipper.)

My Culver Cadet also uses the same gauge, and modified the gauge to read accurately in their 20 gallon fuel tank by reshaping the float arm and adding a calibration plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I sent mine to England a few years ago. You are right they are very accurate. I used to fly my Clipper around the airport with 6 gallons in the nose and what a performer.

Post Thanks / Like

My '55 Tripacer has a metal emblem on each side of the engine cowl. It shows to have been painted at some time, but colors are unknown. The word "Tripacer" is imprinted on the emblem. If someone is aware of the color layout, I would appreciate hearing from you. I am in the process of recoverinig mine at this time and would like to enclude the emblems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Weidner View Post
    I saw on the PA-22 blueprints that all the models with the PIPER, had all the measurements and a note that said they purchased them from Topflite Corporation. There is also a stencil labeled 1959 with connected, italicized-type letters without all the measurements. I like the looks of the unconnected letters better than the connected, 1959 style letters better, and I saw on Steve Marsh's Tri-Pacer that he used the unconnected letters. The blueprint with the entire paint scheme shows the unconnected letters, so I don't know what the connected letters are for. I contacted the Topflite Corporation and they wanted me to let them know how they could help. I would also like to know what type of emblem was used. (e.g. sticker, plastic raised emblem, metal painted emblem, etc.) I'm sure they could make anything I want but I don't know what I want exactly so I would like some help.

Thanks,

Zac Weidner
    I have a Piper Tri Pacer 150 cowel badge / emblem all three pins are in tact it's cast aluminum i believe, good condition, paint faded a little the blue faded more than the orange, can send pics. offers?

Post Thanks / Like

I am pontiacyoung57@gmail.com I have the Piper Tri Pacer 150 cowel badge/emblem, all three pins in tact, i believe it's cast aluminum, good condition, paint faded, blue more than the orange. can send pics. offers?