Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: V6 STOL Plans

Post Thanks / Like

Default V6 STOL Plans

Hi all,
    For those interested, here are the V6 STOL Drawings, you can get them here: http://netmanifold.com/v6stol/

I figure its good information for those interested in increasing the wingspan of their experimental short wings.
    Last edited by chrisg; 03-04-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some recently asked me where to get the Blanton plans...here they are: http://netmanifold.com/v6stol/
    Last edited by chrisg; 03-04-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Did they ever get that engine reliable? As with most of those car conversions they never seem to make a truly usable powerplant, too heavy, not enough power, too many revs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Student Pilot View Post
    Did they ever get that engine reliable? As with most of those car conversions they never seem to make a truly usable powerplant, too heavy, not enough power, too many revs.
    I'm not sure about the v6 engine...I'm sticking with my Lycoming. I'm really only interested in these plans for the wing extension.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually bought a 3.8 Ford V6 that had over 100 hours flying on it. I was going to use it in my project. But the more I read and heard, the general feeling was: "if you like to tinker - put an auto engine in your plane; if you like to fly - put an aircraft engine in your plane". I sold the V6 and will use a Lyc. when my project is ready.