Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: fuel line stc

Post Thanks / Like

Default fuel line stc

hello guys who has the fuel line stc like the ones in steves pictures i am installing a left side front door and eliminateing the rear door similar to a vagabond on my 22 20 i will have to move the selector valve ahead Rocket 204

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie Trimmer has the fuel selector STC, as well as the LH and RH door STC's.
    I have done them all on my plane, and they are all great mods.
    Eddie fuel line STC replaces the fuel selector valve with a Maule one, but keeps it in the same lcoation.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

The Maule valve has a "both" selector as well, which is nice. The STC is one time compliance with the AD note and removal of the placard requiring tank selection for takeoff.

Lou S.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the advantages of putting the maule fuel valve in an experimental with the left side door versus using a stock fuel valve? Is having the ability to use both tanks at one time a big advantage?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably in just helping keep the wings level on cross-country without having to periodically switch. If you keep up with the AD notes, the Trimmer mod (and Maule fuel valve)takes care of AD 66-10-08 and 67-24-02, negating periodic inspecion and need for placard on the control panel.

Lou S.