Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toe Brakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Toe Brakes

Pedals.jpg I've been searching the threads for more info on these brake pedals. Like many I'd like to add stock or nearly stock brakes on the right side since the hard points are already there for the master cylinders and shuttle valves. Piper pedal is part 11726-05. Does anyone have a set they'd consider parting with? If not, any info on a shop or Short wing specialized salvage yard that might have something? I'd appreciate the help as I begin scrounging..

Thanks,
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could get rid of the brakes on the left and just have them on the right

Post Thanks / Like

The clipper and vagabond also used the same pedal. There is a drawing in the SWPC vagabond CD and you could have some made. KRN aviation has the shuttle valve and Grove makes a compatible master cylinder
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 03-08-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been considering doing a toe brake conversion on 6940B. I figure'd it'd be one fewer thing to do in the future when I want to do a tailwheel conversion. The Univair ~6k pricetag scares me away. Does anyone have current information for where the Williams kit is available? It appears to have changed hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contact information posted in this thread.

http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...ams-toe-brakes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stopher View Post
    I've been considering doing a toe brake conversion on 6940B. I figure'd it'd be one fewer thing to do in the future when I want to do a tailwheel conversion. The Univair ~6k pricetag scares me away. Does anyone have current information for where the Williams kit is available? It appears to have changed hands.
    The biggest problem with Williams brakes is it uses parts from a Cessna that wind up moving the brake pedals about 2 inches farther Aft than the stock location... If you are Long legged it can be a bit uncomfortable even with the seat all the way back.

Brian