Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Right Side seaplane door. STC SA02264AK

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let's talk seaplane doors

What are your goals for the plane? Do you want to fly her or work on her? Are you doing the work or having a professional do the work? If pro. Talk to Pierce. He is probably closest to you.
    Love my seaplane doors. have flown gobs with only one door also. No issues. Cost wise will be 40-80 hrs of work depending on if you do both doors or only left door. Several diff STC out there. As far as recover the work is really minimal intrusion on the fabric. Now what was it covered with and what kind of finish if stits very easy if exotic paint finish then can be a pain to match up again. but remember it only cost money and with money anything can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I was thinking both. I got your number from Wes the other day - looking at a 56 but it was majored in 1976 and only 100 on it since. It was pickled and brought back to life around 2012 when it was recovered but still concerning.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just did the one on the Left. That is where the Pilot Guy Sits. In Texas I always fly with it open.
    Not a lot of extra fabric work.

Last edited by wyandot jim; 06-03-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Right Side seaplane door. STC SA02264AK

They look awesome when they are done. Is it awkward at all with the two different doors? The hinges must be pretty solid to be able to fly with it open.