Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pitot-Static system...?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pitot-Static system...?

Awesome! This is a huge help...takes some serious guess work out of the set up. I tracked down the static port plates on Univair. Will hopefully have everything up and running by the end of next week.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Here is a link to order the CD. You will find it very useful.
    https://www.shortwingpiperclub.org/p...r-drawings-cd/

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to order the CD. You will find it very useful.
    https://www.shortwingpiperclub.org/p...r-drawings-cd/
    Steve,

Can't get this link to open, it may be my computer. I would like to order a CD, too.

Thanks,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rideandfly View Post
    Steve,

Can't get this link to open, it may be my computer. I would like to order a CD, too.

Thanks,

Bill
    Got to the Short Wing Piper Club website and then click on their store. It will show up toward the bottom of the page. If I were you I would get theVagabond CD as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to the Short Wing Piper Club website and then click on their store. It will show up toward the bottom of the page. If I were you I would get theVagabond CD as well.
    Steve, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, did not realize the static ports were that far aft, always thought they were close the baggage aft wall............

Post Thanks / Like

The floorboards aren't really that hard to remove even with the fuselage tank. Worth doing it correctly in my opinion in spite of the extra work. This is the reason I say the smallest jobs turn into snowballs. Fix it now so someone else doesn't have to.
    Yaeh, this is an old post, but I have a comment after a quick search and finding this old string. This is why you're the man, Steve. Very succinct and well stated input IMO. I'm fixing/rebuilding my original static system, again - as designed and produced originally - second time because I got bad info initially ("oh, you don't need that stuff, just vent it to the back of the panel is fine") and now am getting it done right - myself. (along with my oleo strut and tachometer right now) It really does matter to the vented instruments accuracy so I'm rebuilding the static horseshoe in the aft belly. What I found there was substandard. Had to remove then re-solder the washer to tube fitting on one side - getting it square took some effort. Just glued it back down to the inner belly with a toothpic shoved in the hole to ensure alignment. Not to rant, but I've dealt with so many crappy initial fixes/"repairs" to my airplane over the last 2 years, I've considered selling my plane a half-dozen times. That lasts as long as the next time I get her in the air. That and thankfully, I've read here about correct fixes and repairs and that helped me to stick it out and see it through correctly. Painfully tho, money and time-wise when you just want to fly. Thanks for being true to the shortwing Marque, Steve. Thanks to all of you on SWPO really. Steve - remember this: more words are valuable. They are not lost. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Yaeh, this is an old post, but I have a comment after a quick search and finding this old string. This is why you're the man, Steve. Very succinct and well stated input IMO. I'm fixing/rebuilding my original static system, again - as designed and produced originally - second time because I got bad info initially ("oh, you don't need that stuff, just vent it to the back of the panel is fine") and now am getting it done right - myself. (along with my oleo strut and tachometer right now) It really does matter to the vented instruments accuracy so I'm rebuilding the static horseshoe in the aft belly. What I found there was substandard. Had to remove then re-solder the washer to tube fitting on one side - getting it square took some effort. Just glued it back down to the inner belly with a toothpic shoved in the hole to ensure alignment. Not to rant, but I've dealt with so many crappy initial fixes/"repairs" to my airplane over the last 2 years, I've considered selling my plane a half-dozen times. That lasts as long as the next time I get her in the air. That and thankfully, I've read here about correct fixes and repairs and that helped me to stick it out and see it through correctly. Painfully tho, money and time-wise when you just want to fly. Thanks for being true to the shortwing Marque, Steve. Thanks to all of you on SWPO really. Steve - remember this: more words are valuable. They are not lost. Thanks.

“Ad astra per aspera.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by at7615 View Post
    “Ad astra per aspera.”
    To the stars thru difficulty. The Kansas motto.