Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STC's for TriPacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default STC's for TriPacer

Hello All,

We'll here I am at my first annual after buying by beloved PA22 Tri Pacer - it's she a beauity. Anyway, I,m hoping someone could help me locate a few STC's, as my mechanic has asked for them and they have not been placed in the log books. If you can help please respond. Here is the list of items he's asking about:

1. Radio stack (ICOM A200 radio and Narco AT50A TSO transponder)
    2. Bowed wing tips (metal)
    3. ELT (ACX Technology model E01)
    4. Belly strobe (Aeroflash part #152007)
    5. Cleveland Wheels and Brakes (these came off a Cesna 150)

Any help with locating and obtaining STC's or informaiton sufficient to satisfy the mechanic would be greatly appriciated.

Best Regards
    Richard Bouge
    N828A, Boise Idaho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richardb View Post
    Hello All,
    3. ELT (ACX Technology model E01)
    http://www.ackavionics.com/pdf/form337.pdf
    Curt
    N7606K/N4405H

Post Thanks / Like

4. Belly strobe (Aeroflash part #152007)
    You'll probably have to get a 337 cut based on FAA approval on the Grumman single-engine series:
    If you can find supporting 337s from other Shortwingers, you will be in a better position to obtain approval.
    Curt
    N7606K/N4405H

Post Thanks / Like

look into the AC for vintage aircraft. This covers using "'standard parts" like the Clevelans brakes. If you need to reference cleveland brakes look at my 337 on AndyA's site.
    Most of what your guy is looking for are installation instructions from MFG. and installed via 337's

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Redbarron,
    I'm new to this site. Could you direct me to "my 337 on Adny's Site". Thanks for the help
    Richard

Post Thanks / Like

2. Bowed wing tips (metal)
    You may have to seek assistance with the modified folks. Although I find nothing wrong w/ metal or composite tips, I can't find anything that can help support a 337. Check around other forums as well (Supercub, Cub Club, SWPC, etc.).

5. Cleveland Wheels and Brakes (these came off a Cesna 150)
    What are the part numbers on the wheels/brakes? These will likely require 337s as well as I don't expect you'll find an STC...
    Curt
    N7606K/N4405H

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The radio and transponder were simple replacements of factory installed radios. Logbook entry, equipment list revision and revised weight and balance are all that is required there.

The owner of the Williams toe brakes also has an STC for a set of single puck Cleveland wheels and brakes. Not sure on the part numbers but I believe there was a discussion here before that included them.

Never seen a 337 for metal tip bows. Field approval maybe, they are non-structural.

Didn't realize you needed a 337 for the ELT installation.

Post Thanks / Like

the link to Andy A's website is http://home.earthlink.net/~flynrow/s...n7011k_337.tif
    This 337 covers a fairly wide range of modifications.
    Also check this link to vintage airplane maintenance : http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...ntage-Aircraft

Most of your changes do not require STC's. Most could be put on a 337 and may already have been. Do you have the CD of your FAA file? If not you should get one!
    By the way the Cleveland brakes on my 337 are from a Cessna and are single puck.
    My Pacer had steel conduit wing tip bows when I bought it in 1972 and if you check the vintage aircraft AC the steel would be considered equal or better and owner supplied parts. A log book entry should have been made for this.
    Actually the problem is that if the wing tip hits the ground the steel is less likely to to break and may damage the wing structure more than the wood bows would.

Good luck

JDB

Post Thanks / Like

For the full list of STCs in the FAA database go here:
    http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...e?OpenFrameSet
    and type "PA-22-150" (or which ever engine you have in yours) into the search box.The PA-22-150 has 159 STCs listed.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

I've read many of your postings and I must say you're very well informed with all aspects of these short wing birds. I appriciate your input, Thank You.
    I'll be sure to pass all this information on to my mechanic. Sounds like most of the items he's requesting can be a simple log book entry - a learning cure for both him and I.
    Wiht regards to the cleveland wheels and brakes, any idea how I can make contact with Williams to get a copy of his STC ?

Best Regards
    Richard