Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STC's for TriPacer

Post Thanks / Like

I was going off what the STC read. it was for using brakes off of a PA 108 colt or a PA 28 cherokee. The origanal STC for this was in 1963.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think ANY of these are STC'd.

My FSDO would say ALL require a 337 though!

There is no "One FAA".

Post Thanks / Like

All require a 337, but perhaps not an STC. read the AC on vintage aircraft.
    You are given permission to replace out of date, obsolete parts with modern parts where applicable.
    You can look up the ratings of the wheels and brakes and easily exceed the original parts. Later models of the aircraft use disc brakes and these may be looked favorably by the friendly aviation association.
    Mine were accepted as a field approval years ago with out question.
    Of course these were among the first on a PA-20 with a 1 1/2" axle installed and hub to carry the torque plate. I provided a drawing to the guy in Colorado who was making PMA 1 1/4" replacement wide gear for the PA-20 possibly the first gear for Cleveland wheels and brakes for the Pacer.
    I put wheels and brakes off a Cessna 172 to replace the original Goodrich brakes in the early 70's.

JDB