Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding Brakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bleeding Brakes

I connected the semi-transparent hose from the hand crank pump to the ATS tank and it is working great. I replaced the grease gun tip with a compression fitting to make the connection and the other end just slips on the bleeder. Only spilled a couple of drops. This is the first time I have been happy with this tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

did similar with a small common garden sprayer. Like you, prefer the clear hose to the bleeder valve
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Having bled the drum brakes a few times on both of my PA22's (previously a Colt and now my Tri Pacer), I again had to replace the O rings one of the brake cylinders which of course, required me to bleed the brakes. After getting completely frustrated again, I decided to find a solution to the brake bleeding problem I was having. Anyway, I was able to come up with a simple and inexpensive solution which does not require a second person and also keeps the hydraulic fluid mess out of the cockpit/cabin area. I'm attaching my write up of the solution, which has photos of the parts needed and what the brake bleeder looks like today. Hope this helps someone else.
    Dennis Savarese

Brake bleeder replacement.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Savarese View Post
    Having bled the drum brakes a few times on both of my PA22's (previously a Colt and now my Tri Pacer), I again had to replace the O rings one of the brake cylinders which of course, required me to bleed the brakes. After getting completely frustrated again, I decided to find a solution to the brake bleeding problem I was having. Anyway, I was able to come up with a simple and inexpensive solution which does not require a second person and also keeps the hydraulic fluid mess out of the cockpit/cabin area. I'm attaching my write up of the solution, which has photos of the parts needed and what the brake bleeder looks like today. Hope this helps someone else.
    Dennis Savarese

Brake bleeder replacement.pdf
    Dennis....

I like it... The Tri-Pacer drum brakes have to be the worst brake system to bleed properly...

With your permission I would like to upload your write up to my website on the brakes page so that I can easily direct other Tri-Pacer owners to your solution...

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

You have my permission.
    Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

I have made a revision to the article I placed on the forum a couple of days ago. The revision is to the valve thread size. Both the replacement bleed port and the speed bleeder valve should be 1/4 x 28 threads. I am attaching a revised copy of the article.

Brian, feel free to use the revised article in lieu of the original one.
    Dennis
    Brake bleeder replacement rev 1.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Savarese View Post
    I have made a revision to the article I placed on the forum a couple of days ago. The revision is to the valve thread size. Both the replacement bleed port and the speed bleeder valve should be 1/4 x 28 threads. I am attaching a revised copy of the article.

Brian, feel free to use the revised article in lieu of the original one.
    Dennis
    Brake bleeder replacement rev 1.pdf
    Thanks Dennis...

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

After having a bit of difficulty with etrailer.com regarding the replacement bleeder port I mentioned in the article previously posted, I have located another replacement bleeder port manufactured by Dorman. The Dorman part number is 13960. It has a 1/8 NPT male thread and 1/4-28 female thread. This is available locally at an Advance Auto Parts store or on line in several places and will work perfectly with the 1/4-28 Speed Bleeders mentioned in the article.
    Dennis
    Dorman replacement bleeder port #13960.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brake problem

Just bought a Colt converted to conventional gear. Left brake not working properly. Suspect air in line. Where can I find bleeding procedures?

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Brake problem

Go to the top of this page, right hand side to the ADVANCED SEARCH BOX and type brake bleeding. You will find all the information you will probably need.