Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Primer Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Primer Lines

$16 at ACS, I had two old ones with the joust sticking out, they were plugged up, and one of the newer kind but it was full of carbon also. Do you put anything on the brass nut fitting that screws the copper line up against the nipple?

Post Thanks / Like

All my primer lines have the type of end on the left, not like the one on the right that solders to the line. It looks like it slides down over the copper line, mine all have about an 1/8 inch of copper line sticking out past the round part that looks like it has slid down over the line, what holds it on there?

Quote Originally Posted by walt.buskey View Post
    Last edited by SMO22; 03-08-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SMO22 View Post
    All my primer lines have the type of end on the left, not like the one on the right that solders to the line. It looks like it slides down over the copper line, mine all have about an 1/8 inch of copper line sticking out past the round part that looks like it has slid down over the line, what holds it on there?

I take it you haven't done much plumbing. That is a compression sleeve, it compresses down over the copper when the nut is tightened. They are more prone to breaking at the ferule that if you solder the end on like the one on the right.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have seen them in bigger size for fixing fuel lines on cars, never took one apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Primer System 0-320

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I usually replicate the original. Lycoming and OEM parts manufacturers sell stainless steel lines which are less likely to crack.
    Steve - Want to replace the primer lines on my 22-20 (copper) with stainless and having a problem finding a source of the tubing. Aircraft Spruce has two wall thicknesses (
    304 Seamless 1/8 .020 03-00148 $11.78 1 ft2 ft3 ft4 ft5 ft6 ft7 ft8 ft9 ft10 ft11 ft12 ft
    304 Seamless
    1/8 .035 03-16010 $3.95 1 ft2 ft3 ft4 ft5 ft6 ft7 ft8 ft9 ft10 ft11 ft12 ft

Which is usable as primer lines? Of course I would rather use the .035 Wall at $3.95 per foot rather than the .020 at $11.78 per foot. I do have a 37 degree flaring tool that will do 1/8" tubing. I've been through all of the primer line threads I can find here and on other sites and did not find a source for the tubing or any mention of what anyone is using. I assume that the copper fittings will still work and the little brass ferrels too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have always used copper or the OEM Lycoming lines called out in the parts manual.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the. 035 wall SS tube from acs for my project. Measured the wall thickness on the copper, it was about the same.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have one from Aircraft spruce, it is a block with a flaring rod that you tap, lightly hammer into the tube.

Post Thanks / Like

do the AN-805 caps fit the primer body in the airplane?

Post Thanks / Like

I was checking out a small leak at one of the tees and noticed that the tee is vibrating against the safety wire that is holding it in place, and it’s getting pretty worn. Is this the proper way to secure the tee?

FFDD71A8-EEA4-400C-8262-5A5C4EF811A9.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images