Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trim indicator wire chafe / Fuel valve stc

Post Thanks / Like

Post Trim indicator wire chafe / Fuel valve stc

Two questions for answers. 1) during rebuild, I installed trim indicator wire and noticed that it would just barely come in contact with the head of the bolt that installs the pulley for the offset of the aft trim pulley. this is about 3 inches foreward of the trim indicator wire pulley and about 6 inches forward of where the trim indicator wire attaches to the stabalizor tube mounting bolt. I could put some antichafe tape on the bolt head, but thought it isn't quite right- it certainly didn't come from Piper that way?? 2) in searching for the new fuel valve selector, all I can find is the STC for the Maule fuel selector. Is that the only and/or recomended valve to use on our PA 20/22 's ? Thanks all, Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Univair use to sell a direct replacement fuel selector. The Maule STC must be Eddie Trimmer's fuel mod, which requires other significant modifications....all which are good.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

We used the Univair replacement valve a few years ago... It's been perfect since then... works smoothly doesn't require disassembly and lube it etc....
    Tom Ferraro
    PA22/20-160 N25TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ditto on the Univair fuel valve. Very nice. Can you post a picture of your indicator wire?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to post a pix.
    Thanks for the info on the fuel valve - I was trying to get something newer. I'll just stick to Univair.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moe2goe View Post
    I'll try to post a pix.
    Thanks for the info on the fuel valve - I was trying to get something newer. I'll just stick to Univair.
    Thanks
    I think that you will find the Univair valve much improved over the original.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

The Univair valve is newer. Much improved over the old Piper valves. The new valve is made by Allen Aircraft Products of Ravenna, OH. and is modified by Univair to work/fit the Pipers installation. It is a direct replacement, FAA/PMA'd and connects right up.
    It has a very smooth operation and postive detents.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Univair valve.
    When I went back for pix - I looked a bit harder and found that I had missed going under one of the top metal stringer support
    bracckets rather than going over it. I simple mistake that I missed when looking at it at the time I discovered the problem.
    Nothing like taking a break and coming back later. Thanks for you Help..... Ken