Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 22-160 Trim Indicator Wire/Cable ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 22-160 Trim Indicator Wire/Cable ? ? ?

Hi,
    What was/is commonly used for the trim indicator connection to the hor-stab mechanism and how is it attached at the rear of the plane ?
    Mine appears to be a piece of piano/music wire that is rusty and has been spliced. It's just wrapped around the moving member, and then wrapped around itself .... knotted/twisted together....hideous looking mess actually.
    There must be a better/cleaner way to do this. Maybe a thin cable ? ? ? similar to the pitch adjustment cable ? Or at least a stainless steel wire ?
    And a thimble ? ? or grooved washer of sorts with a nico-press sleeve ?

Thanks for any help,

Post Thanks / Like

The J-3 used the same thing and mine kept breaking over the pulley by the jack Screw. a REAL PANE to replace for a guy my size. I noticed a set of Model Airplane U-Control wires hanging on the back wall of the hanger. They were a stranded cable, very small, like maybe .050-.060?. We put ends on them using AMP crimp connectors, although you could wrap and solder them. I never had a problem after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Engine Case?

A friend is looking at a homebuilt project that used a lot of tri-pacer parts, wings, tail feathers, engine. it has logbooks with it for a PA-22. Question is, the engine crankcase has the word MOHAWK molded in the case horzontally between the cylinders. Is this a Certificated case? a GPU? any Ideas? Claims to be a O-290-D might be a D-2

Post Thanks / Like

BINGO ! ! Similar to what I was thinking...thanks.
    Will check back here for more info/comments later tonight.

Thanks again mjlossner.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps I'm the only one in this predicament...but for the benefit of anyone else that could use some info on this subject, here is an excellent thread on the same topic.
    http://www.supercub.org/phpbb2/viewt...ight=trim+wire
    Great info...some "Pierce" fellow on there too, seems to know his stuff. hehehehe
    Thanks Steve.