Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying With Rear Door Removed

Post Thanks / Like

A review of the TCDS for the PA-20, does not show approval to operate with the rear door removed. However, the plane that we are considering is a 22/20, so would it be a stretch to say that unless the conversion STC specifically precludes such operation, it is approved?
    Thanks for the help guys! I really did try to find any previous posts, but I guess that my skills with the search feature need some honing!

Post Thanks / Like

Check on andya's web site where you will find the paperwork required. You will need to make a copy and insert your specifics and have your FSDO sign off on it.
    Someone can post a link perhaps. I am at work and don't have access to it now. Typically you can fly with either door removed, but not both.
    OK I found the post and here is the link:

http://home.earthlink.net/~flynrow/s...removed-33.gif
    Last edited by redbarron55; 11-21-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it! Thanks for the help guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Taking either door off does seem to effect the performance a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I would imagine so. Here in the US, the FAA requires an addendum to the flight manual. Thanks to the folks on this site, I have a copy of that document, and will be visiting with my local FSDO to get it approved.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flying With Rear Door Removed

Does anyone have a rear door for a '22 that is sound structural condition that they want to sell?

I need one.

Lou

Post Thanks / Like

Lou,

I have a rear PA22 door with latch mechanism & window (although the window is probably in poor condition). The outer door skin is poor condition but the frame etc is good to go. Give me a call if interested.

John Kobbeman
    Ogden Utah
    801 499-0413

Post Thanks / Like

I have a local source that can make new rear door skins with a waterjet machine. If you're interested, just let me know and I'll get you in touch with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, John and Zac. Looks like John and I have something working on a purchase.

I am interested ZW. My skin is marginal, and I might as well consider new if I have to spend much time at it and if the price is right.

Thanks,

Lou

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at school now, and I'll be busy drilling soybeans when I get home for a few more days, but I'll try to get you the information and PM it to you when I get a chance. I think he charged me around $70 or $80 for the work, but I supplied the aluminum. If I were you, I would just call Wick's and have them ship a sheet straight there, unless you have some that you want to send him.

Also, this is for a late model with the squared-off window and the larger door latch button.