Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interior panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interior panels.

Can someone tell me where i can find some interior panels for my Tripe? A new set is somewhere around a $1000. I would consider used panels....your help would be appreciated.

Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like

The interior of the Tri-Pacers were originally painted fabric. If yours has metal panels it has been modified as such or possibly has Air-Tech interior.

Brian.

Riviere Rouge, Québec, or "The Other Canada"
    Post Thanks / Like

Good day Lloyd,

I made my own this winter. Here is one that is made out of Coroplast covered with vinyl.

For embossment, I used some thin foam pads I found at my local One Buck store. My whole interior costed about 100$.

This panel is about 2 lbs if I remember right.

panneau dr arr.jpgpanneau dr arr2.jpg

The photo on the right still shows my old seat covers but I am just done with my new seats. I will post the pics on an appropriate thread.

Giles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder Bug View Post
    Good day Lloyd,

I made my own this winter. Here is one that is made out of Coroplast covered with vinyl.

For embossment, I used some thin foam pads I found at my local One Buck store. My whole interior costed about 100$.

This panel is about 2 lbs if I remember right.

panneau dr arr.jpgpanneau dr arr2.jpg

The photo on the right still shows my old seat covers but I am just done with my new seats. I will post the pics on an appropriate thread.

Giles
    Man that looks nice, what is Coroplast? never mind, i just googled it....

LP
    Last edited by Eagleavn; 01-29-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Rudder Bug

I have old the original fabric covered with "something". how did you attach the interior panels to the airframe? the doors i have figured out but places like the baggage area.....

shane

Post Thanks / Like

Nice panels!!!

Actually I have aux fuel tank envy.

What glue did you use for attaching vinyl?

My 22 had a really nice extended baggage but it was formed from galvanized steel!! I made really nice panels out of aluminum with pretty cross breaks and then glued black(imitation leather) vinyl on them. The 3M 777 glue caused the backing of the vinyl to melt. It was a messsssssss. Yep, that bad. Any way, after gallons of MEK and a few million brain cells, I started again with some cotton fabric. It came out nice but not what I wanted.

I did rethink the screw holes. Use a little common sense and you should be able to use PK screws most places. The front of my cockpit has fabric on it except for the large frankenstien sew job around the fuel selector. I also glued a GREAT BIG FOUR INCH "R" and an " L " in the appropriate location, you know, to remove any doubt about what tank I might be draining.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all, I've got to admit that I redid most of my panels several times (just like my seats!!!!!!!) before I was satisfied with the results.

LP:

Coroplast is the trade mark of some kind of corrugated plastic. Just like cardboard but it is light weight plastic instead.

Shane and Rocket:

I used 3M sPray adhesive at some places and water based contact cement elsewhere. The 3M worked much better end faster. The panels are screwed in the same holes that were used by the old panels. I did not drill any other hole and used contact cement for the front ones under the dash.

Giles

Post Thanks / Like

[LP:

Coroplast is the trade mark of some kind of corrugated plastic. Just like cardboard but it is light weight plastic instead.

Where did you buy your Coroplast? You have given me the ideas i needed to redo the panels myself. I have some very expensive leather that came from an iterior shop in Dallas (last coporate jet i worked on, they gave me the trimmings and left overs)

Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd
    will this help
    http://distributor.coroplast.com/
    shane

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd,

In Canada, we can find it in any hardware store called "RONA" or "Home Hardware" but I have no clue about where to find it in the USA. You will certainly find a provider if you google Coroplast. They come in 4 x 8ft sheets. Good luck!

Giles