Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interior panels.

Riviere Rouge, Québec, or "The Other Canada"
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd,

I should add that I learned the hard way: in some areas, like on the bottom of the right door and on the pilot side wall, the Coroplast is too thick (3/32" plus the vinyl) and the seat supports will tear it off. You will find out only after it happened, especially if you need a rubber hammer to move the seat back and forth! I used thin aluminum and/or straight vinyl in those places.

I will gladly walk you around my mistakes if you choose to do it. I have a very recent experience.

31 dec (6).jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of interior panels from Airtex - the backing panels appear to be the same stuff.
    Here we call it "Coreflute" and it's used a lot for things like real estate signs. Available at Bunnings Warehouse stores (like your Home Depot stores).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I have a set of interior panels from Airtex - the backing panels appear to be the same stuff.
    Here we call it "Coreflute" and it's used a lot for things like real estate signs. Available at Bunnings Warehouse stores (like your Home Depot stores).

I will give Home Depot a try.....

Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like

About 20 bucks for a whole sheet and my vinyl was 9.50 per yard. Not bad at all if you don't count your time.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who'd like to see my seats. I had a quote of $1350 for all four seats and he couldn't do them before Spring. Louise then remembered me that she had a good old Pfaff 230 and that I would be able to make our new seats.

Good grief! I though, but once I figured out that wonderful machine, it became a second nature in no time. There we go...and oh yes, the total cost of the material was around $125 bucks. Again, don't count your time if you want to take that road. You will redo every piece several times! All that took about 3 weeks but it was in my dreams when I was sleeping.

16 dec (8).JPG16 dec (19).JPG18 dec.jpg16 dec (1).JPG16 dec (7).jpgjour de l'an 2011 (22).jpg16 dec (18).JPG
    5 jan 11 (1).JPG5 jan 11 (10).jpgcuba2011 (107).JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Majoly Rudder Bug....YOU ARE Awesome!!!! Those are some good looking homemade/custom seats!

Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome. I have been on the look out for a good sewing machine. Had too many problems getting what I want done by someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Tanks guys, it is more than flattering to read such nice comments from the Top O'l Piper people!

Oh yes and should someone wanted some new panels or seat covers, send a PM and we'll make a deal. I'm out of work for a while!

Last edited by Rudder Bug; 01-30-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...Excellent work Rudder Bug! Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Awesome. I have been on the look out for a good sewing machine. Had too many problems getting what I want done by someone else.
    +1 Steve and that's why I did mine, and to my likings