Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PA 22/20 Giving it Away

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up PA 22/20 Giving it Away

PA 22/20 $35,000

landing.jpg
    N1308C, 1953 S/N 22-1112 150 HP 3444 TTAF 544 SMOH, Restored firewall back 2007 includes new skin (Poly-Fiber), cables, electric wires, cockpit panel, firewall, seat upholstery, custom wheel pants. 2009 new tail wheel assembly, 2010 new alternator and battery. Contains 2 radios, transponder, Garmin 196, rudder trim, spin-on oil filter (with extra filters), new tow bar, split front seats, Bogert cables, and sealed struts. Best in type at Short Wing Piper Convention 2010. Logs date from first test flight at Lock Haven 4/22/1953. Always hangared since restoration
    Based at I91.
    Includes free year membership in Short Wing Piper Club and ShortWingPipers.org, All Tips and Tricks manuals, and years of Short wing Piper news.
    Available today: 812-499-4725, N1308C@gmail.com
    taxiing.jpg Cockpit.jpg Seats.jpg
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Your joking right?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Joking about what? With well over 50K in it, I consider 35K a give away price, but in the ballpark of what the market prices are.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you are selling to build/buy another, not because you are getting out of flying. If it was a supercub it would go for 3 times as much, go figure. I assume Ferg is joking about the price being so low, unless he has not done a restoration himself. I bet it was $50K in parts and nothing for your labor. Hopefully you will find her a good home. Pretty bird.
    -Super Stub-
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I am not getting out of flying.
    I assumed he was joking about the title of "giving it Away" for 35K. Regardless, I thank you for your comments.
    I am fortunate that I did not have the time to do the work and a really awesome builder did the job.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

JIm,
    Really a great looking Pacer and at your asking price an incredable deal for some lucky "next Owner". It is a double edged sword for us Short Wing folks, great planes to purchase at very reasonable prices, but then, we modify, update and restore them and have to sell in the same "afordable range" that got us "hooked" in the first place. Just spent three years on my pacer, and will never get the $$ out of it, but will enjoy it for a very long time!!

Good luck and enjoy the day,
    john kobbeman, UTAH Short Wings
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Fly safe, and have fun
    Jim
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Jim and John,
    Maybe its time that we start to evaluate what these SW's are worth.
    544 SMOH, Restored firewall back 2007 includes new skin (Poly-Fiber), cables, electric wires, cockpit panel, firewall, seat upholstery, custom wheel pants. 2009 new tail wheel assembly, 2010 new alternator and battery. Contains 2 radios, transponder, Garmin 196, rudder trim, spin-on oil filter (with extra filters), new tow bar, split front seats, Bogert cables, and sealed struts.
    Start with this:
    engine 544 hrs SMOH -$16,000
    New Skin -$ 5,000 +
    Cables & Elect wires -$ 2,000
    cockpit panel, firewall -$ 1,000+
    seat upholstery -$ 1,200
    custom wheel pants
    new tail wheel assembly
    new alternator and battery -$ 1,000
    2 radios, transponder -$ 3,000
    Garmin 196 -$ 1,500
    rudder trim
    spin-on oil filter
    Bogert cables
    sealed struts -$ 2,300
    TOTAL -$33,000
    AND STILL COUNTING, of course my figures are ballpark, but I'm sure I'm close. And all the other stuff that you never put down like the airframe, wheels,prop,
    labour over the years, taxes etc,etc., your plane is worth alot more.....

It is a double edged sword for us Short Wing folks, great planes to purchase at very reasonable prices, but then, we modify, update and restore them and have to sell in the same "afordable range" that got us "hooked" in the first place.
    John, you are right, the low entry price is great, but as the years march on and we upgrade we should be able to get a GOOD ROI, Return On Investment.
    Any RV builder that completes their planes and sell them command a high, (Very High) dollar.

Jim, your plane's asking price should be at least start at $60k plus, and any basket case start at $20-$25k.

I guess I was lucky to purchase my Pacer at a great price last summer ,good for me, however, when you consider a new O/H engine, new interior, upgraded radios, etc, etc, I figured someone paid me to buy the plane.

Peter Lubig
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the price change in Vags since they became LSA.
    -Super Stub-
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I hope with all this discussion, someone will want to seriously look at this plane.

Peter,
    I teach a Junior Achievement course on personal finance, and one of the discussions is on investment issues. What I explain to the students is that hobbies are not investments. What we think something is worth does not matter unless someone else also thinks the same. I knew that when the time came to sell my plane, I would never recoup my restore cost, but it didn't matter to me...it was a pleasure while I owned it. I would do it again.

Jim
    0 0