Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SWPC Drawing CDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default PA-22/20 Drawings

Are electronic versions of the PA-22/20 drawings available on the site, or can someone post them?

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PA-22/20 Drawings

Are you wanting the Univair drawings to convert a Tri-Pacer to a Pacer or are you looking for Piper drawings for the Pacer and Tri-Pacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Both, I guess. I will be looking to do a tailwheel conversion, but I also want more comprehensive drawings. I don't know what the Univair drawings show...they might be enough if they show a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The SWPC has all the drawings on CD. https://www.shortwingpiperclub.org/shop/product-category/books-and-reference-materials/page/3/?v=e748b7c8fd06 The conversion drawings I have are simply instructions. If you look at the Pacer drawings on the SWPC CD that is basically what you will be doing using the Univair STC.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 03-25-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

If "homework" is what you are after prior to laying out the Long Green for the STC, the Univair drawings (Light Plane Components -or LPC- STC SA45RM) drawings are included on the ShortWing Piper Club CD as well. These are not "current" drawings", since most all of them have been revised. But... they will "do for a sitdown" to see how they drew up the conversion and familiarize yourself with the mod. If you have any of the ShortWing airplanes Piper built, this CD is a MUST HAVE. I can't say how much this compilation is worth! A couple other STCs are shown on the CD, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking into an experimental pacer project with a longer wing. I'd be using a late model pa22 fuselage i have (complete: interior, instruments, controls, etc.).

Right now I'm doing the research to figure out what is possible/reasonable and which direction to go. So, any and all drawings I can get my hands on will help. It sounds like the best source for drawings is from SWPC, huh?

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

there is 2 other options for a taiwheell conversion one is the raven gear contact Rick Lach dont have contact info but hes a member on the swpc site
    the other is Eddie Trimmer's conversion http://trimmeraviation.com/gear.htm
    just in case you would like to check them out
    l

I have been using a 3D CAD program to make up a full set of PA 20/22 Drawings. I have the fuselauge about 85% completed. I am working off the SWPC Drawings. I would be glad to work with you on anything you might need. I plan on starting on a full set of wing plans next, then gear, etc. The program can generate material lists, cut lists, etc. I am also generating the brackets and fittings used by Piper. Let me know how I can be of help.

I am working on a project with a modified gear, wing with slats or slots, extended baggage, extra wing tanks, etc. I have drawings for a modified instrument panel ready for water jet cutting. Kind of an Arizona Producer of sorts.

I think Steve Pierce may help out with some suggestions and review of the drawings. I'm hoping he will help me "modernize" the assemblies using best practices.

Mark Phillips
    1957 PA 22/160
    1952 PA 22/150

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHANGEL
    I have been using a 3D CAD program to make up a full set of PA 20/22 Drawings. I have the fuselauge about 85% completed. I am working off the SWPC Drawings. I would be glad to work with you on anything you might need. I plan on starting on a full set of wing plans next, then gear, etc. The program can generate material lists, cut lists, etc. I am also generating the brackets and fittings used by Piper. Let me know how I can be of help.

I am working on a project with a modified gear, wing with slats or slots, extended baggage, extra wing tanks, etc. I have drawings for a modified instrument panel ready for water jet cutting. Kind of an Arizona Producer of sorts.

I think Steve Pierce may help out with some suggestions and review of the drawings. I'm hoping he will help me "modernize" the assemblies using best practices.

Mark Phillips
    1957 PA 22/160
    1952 PA 22/150
    Wow, That is quite a project. I would sure like to see prints/diagrams of the slotted wing components.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drawings CD

New member here, I am from Palmer AK and I am working on a ground up rebuild of a PA-20, I was wondering if I could get steered in the correct direction as to how to get a hold of the Drawings CD?