Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Canvas Seat Sling "THING" Under the Seat of my Clipper?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canvas Seat Sling "THING" Under the Seat of my Clipper?

Anybody know where I can find a new Canvas Seat Sling "THING" that gets laced to the frame of the seat of my Clipper?

Thanks!
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

To the best of my knowlege, this is not a stock part available from the Usual Suspects. What I did for the Clipper project I'm nearing completion on was to have the uphosterer that is doing the custom seat covers make a brand new canvas sling, using the ratty old rotted out stock piece I provided as a pattern. Just about anybody that does boat covers and the like should have all the correct grommets, and heavy duty sewing machines to stitch the relatively thick canvas.

I know AirTex (the aircraft interior people) makes several other seat slings for different aircraft, but they do not list the Clipper rear sling in their catalog...might be worth digging out their telephone number and talking to them, nonetheless (price shopping if nothing else, dontchaknow?). I cannot say if they would need your ratty old one, or if they already HAVE the pattern. They're good people, but they are really good at getting big bucks for beautiful work. http://www.airtexinteriors.com/catalogue.htm