Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conical engine mount bushings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conical engine mount bushings

Does anybody know a source and part number for the conical engine mount rubber bushings for the Lycoming 0320? I have a 1959 Pa-22-150 and I see the Lord chart doesn't start until the PA-23.

Thanks as always,

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Not 100% sure on this, but I think they are the 60883 bushing.

From sacramento sky ranch:
    Product Information: This is a .88" inside diameter mount used on early engines size is 7/8 larger size is p/n 71032 and is
    1" the large washer for this is p/n STD-619 used on early engines with fixed pitch propellers. Later
    engines USED 1" INSIDE DIAMETER ENGINE MOUNTS .

Its either the 60883 or the 71032. Good luck in your research.

Bill Meredith
    Kingsland, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin,

I just recently replaced my lord mounts. I have a 1958 PA-22-150. I had to call Aircraft Spruce too and they found the part number for me. This is the part number they researched for me. J-1552 Lord Mounts. It comes with 2 parts per mount with the conical shape. They worked perfect. I also replaced the Lord Mount through bolts, AN8-44 and the castle nuts AN310-8.

Layne

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

71032 is the Lycoming part number for the conical mounts. Takes 8 of them along with 4 of the STD-619 washers.

eng_mt_bushing.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I see now why they call the Lord mounts!!! Oh, Lordy! $39.95 EACH!?! I just bought a set of eight each from Aeroinstock (dot com) by the Lycoming part number, and they were 6.35 apiece ($9.07 each, MSRP). That's the better part of a whole set of the "right part number" for the cost of ONE from Lord, IF "one Lord mount" is both pieces at each location!!!. What ta...do they install themselves?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the "Lord" mounts mentioned(possibly made by "Barry") are meant for a Dyna-focal engine are they not?

Has anyone else found the conical bushings sagging rather significantly? We've been changing the ones in our supercub trainers every year. The prop shaft drops relative to the forward cowl about 3/8-1/2 inch every 300-400 hours. I've wondered if we're not installing them properly or is it just a case of soft rubber?

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know now long it takes but mine were worn all the way through the rubber. Not necessarily worn but the rubber had re-molded itself around the bolt. I would say they were the original from the engine installation in '87. There are no log book entries until we replaced them after purchase a year ago.

I don't have a lot of experience with these mounts. The bushing are cheap enough (~$30 for a full set at Wag Aero) that doing it more often wouldn't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Careful boys, there are "approved" and "unapproved" ones out there. I believe the ones at Wag and ACS are all unapproved. JW I thought you would have commented on that. I just bought a set of approved ones from A.E.R.O. #SL71032 list $8.21, DISCOUNTED $5.17- $41.36 for the set. BTW I found an easier way to put them in. I got out my Little Giant ladder to put the chain up in the rafters over the 20 and stopped and what the heck. Ladder is rated at 300# on a side load, a 250# engine hanging from a bar across the top. Come along. The ladder was in the perfect position to work from, had to pull the exhaust pipes though to swing the engine an inch, other than that piece of cake.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Green View Post
    Careful boys, there are "approved" and "unapproved" ones out there.
    How do you determine what is approved? I pulled from http://onlinecatalog.wagaero.com/Web...odeId=7.1.6.12 page 57. They say they are FAA Approved to replace P/N 71032.

Here is a copy of their SKU # for $31.50 for a set of 8 bushings

Engine Mount Bushings, Lycoming, FAA Approved
    Model:
    SKU: I-982-000
    Lycoming; Replaces P/N 71032. FAA Approved for the following engine models: 0235-C1, 0290-D2, 0320-A2A, 0320-A2B, 0320-A2C, 0320-A3A, 0320-A3B, -A3C, 0320-B2A, -B2B, -B3A, -B3B, -B3C, IO-320-E2A. Code 4

Engine sagging? Vibration chattering your teeth? Replace your engine mount rubber bushings and restore that vibration-free flight. For conical mounts only. Sold in sets of 8. Code 4

Post Thanks / Like

Correction- When I called ACS, I asked if they were PMA and they said no. In the WA catalog they do say PMA.
    -Super Stub-