Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trim cable tension

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trim cable tension

I am in the process of converting an original PA-20 from a single groove to a double groove pulley trim system. The system operates nice and smooth with no binding but I noticed when I crank it to the nose down position the cable tension increases and when I back it off and move to the nose up position the tension decreases. The tension is not excesive in either direction. This is my first time working on this system and I was wondering if this is normal due to the way the spring pulls on it or should I be looking for something? I noticed the more I run it up and down, the tension seems to even itself out more.
    Also, I recently recieved a field approval for this mod and for center attach pionts for the front and rear seat belts, and a belly inspection panel like Gilbert Pierce has on his PA-16. All these are for a PA-20, if anyone needs a copy I will try to post them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trim cable tension

I would love to see the data for what you have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Been my experience that the tensions even themselves out after run back and forth several times. Please post your 337. Great resource for anyone else wanting to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, thanks that what I thought, it's been getting better the more I work it. I'll try to get the 337's posted when I get back in town next week. I used a lot of your stuff on here to help support my data.

Rob
    N7644K
    Last edited by Pacer20; 09-19-2013 at 08:40 PM.