Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vagabond Gross weight increase

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vagabond Gross weight increase

Curt,

Those instruments look in really good condition. What engine is currently installed?
    TonyN

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is Curts Weight and Balance form for the Vagabond that you can use to do weight and balance calculations on your own airplane. Thanks for the help SJ.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnowak View Post
    Those instruments look in really good condition. What engine is currently installed?
    Cont. A65-8 with a W72CK42 prop. I have a C85-12 and a W72GK44 sitting on the hangar deck awaiting installation. The W72GK44 resulted from one of many discussions here on SWPO.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Here is Curts Weight and Balance form for the Vagabond that you can use to do weight and balance calculations on your own airplane. Thanks for the help SJ.
    Ditto, SJ. Thanx!
    Just to give some explanation, I was attempting to show "Most Forward" and "Most Rearward" CGs using hypothetical weights. I wanted to Feds to appreciate that our Shortwing Pipers tend to reach max gross-weight before they will aft-CG out. I figured to fall out of the forward CG, the pilot would have to weigh about 135 lbs, something I don't think I'll have to worry about.... Anyway, none of this is mandatory for the 337.
    I obtained the original PA-20 spreadsheet from Taildraggerpilot here on SWPO, so much thanks for creating the template from which I worked.
    Last edited by cammons3; 09-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Curt
    N7606K/N4405H