Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RH Gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default RH Gear

Hello, I´m in the prozess of rebuilding my Tripacer. On pictures I saw different kinds of rh gears. Some have a real flat step and some, as my, have these two small round steps (like tubes). What is better? I think, with these two ones it can happens, that someone steps into the fabric instead of the smal step. This is the first question of many, I think. Regards from Germany Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RH Gear

those 2 round tubes are supposed to have an aluminum step mounted on them [making it 1 wide flat step] and also the upper part of the gear is covered with aluminum "so no one steps into the fabric"

Post Thanks / Like

!957 models and later have the wide flat step - earlier models have a SINGLE peg- so if you have the double peg - it was meant to have the flat step.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two pegs on different levels. So I can´t mount an aluminium step on them. Or I have to weld on one new peg.

But on the other side, is the flat step really better than the two pegs on diff levels?