Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing home the Clipper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bringing home the Clipper

HI Stephen, The Clipper I have was 30 years with the same owner, a new set of brake discs and pads along with a gusty day and that bad bump in the runway that he bounced over thousands of times got him in trouble and he nose over upside down.
    So it looks like I will be opening up that are of the cabin for a look see. And thanks, skylight would be an delight to put in.
    Tinted or clear for the skyligit and windshield?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve, Well we are back home and used a budget 26 foot truck, all went well and thanks for the advice, we used 2x10s to roll it in and out and that worked out well.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Throttle Pusher, You are correct, I confirm that Styrofoam really tears up the fabric. i just returned and am now reading the replies after the fact. I will be opening the wings to check the the wing internally and then new fabric, so now harm there, but Styrofoam on serviceable fabric will raise havoc.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher E Sutton View Post
    HI Stephen, The Clipper I have was 30 years with the same owner, a new set of brake discs and pads along with a gusty day and that bad bump in the runway that he bounced over thousands of times got him in trouble and he nose over upside down.
    So it looks like I will be opening up that are of the cabin for a look see. And thanks, skylight would be an delight to put in.
    Tinted or clear for the skyligit and windshield?

Chris
    I use clear, but I live in the NW, we see the sun 3 times a year. S
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."