Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Selector Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stiff Fuel Selector

I think I would be looking at cleaning and replacing O rings, or just replace whole unit. they should not be that hard to turn. Just a question has it been rebuilt? o rings could be to big?

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue a while back, drained the tanks, pulled the valve out and applied a light coat of EZ Turn to the o-rings and it's been smooth ever since.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marcooti View Post
    My fuel selector handle is very hard to turn. It takes 2 hands to move it. Any way to loosen it up? Thanks
    I merged your thread with another on the subject. If you go to page one you will find a lot of information including a parts breakdown of the fuel valve parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel Selector Repair

I just reworked ours. Very easy. As mentioned, drain the tanks, disassemble, clean, apply fuel lube and reassemble. The only part we replaced was the o-ring. I didn't look but I bet this merged thread has the exploded view of the valve. If not, I have it someplace.

Ours wasn't nearly that hard to turn but you had to to really feel around for the detent. Now you can move it with a finger and the detents are solid and positive. Probably was 3 years since we last serviced it.

Found the doc on the one we have on Andy's site: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...jgxYjQ3NDcwZDQ
    Last edited by smcnutt; 08-11-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is on the first page of this thread as well.

Post Thanks / Like

fuel lube is the most important part to make it move easily. I used to dis assemble and lube every 75--100 hours
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

I disassembled my fuel valve yesterday due to the lack of detent when turning. I had a new MS29513-11 o-ring , replacement detent washer and a my tube of fuel lube ready to go. When I took the Nut off of the fuel valve I noticed that in my valve there is no O-ring. Instead of the O-ring there are 2 fiber type packing rings inside the the cap that seal the stem of the fuel selector. I have searched on this site and was not able to find any information on these seals. I did a google search and found on the other short wing site that this was possibly and earlier type valve that used these two packing rings instead of the O-ring. There was mention of these rings being listed in the parts manual as part number 752-692. Does anyone on here have any information on this valve or where I can find these packing rings? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Post #46 in this thread. 50 Pacer, no O-ring

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vagabondblues, I did see that post, but was hoping to find the Oring packing for the valve I currently. I do plan on changing to the Dakota cub valve next year, but I just finished and engine overhaul and would like to get the plane in the air to start the break-in process before I tear into the fuel valve.

Post Thanks / Like

At annual we reworked our fuel valve. Replaced the o-ring but the detent washer looked good so it was reused. It had a real solid detent feel....for about a month. I wonder if I turn a wrench on it a little more if that detent feel will return? Messing with the old valve is getting old but not sure I'm ready to spring for the new valve.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb