Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Decal??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Decal??

I just got my Short Wing news with a nifty decal. How in the $@#$!! do you apply it?

Paul
    N1431A
    N83803
    2AZ1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Decal??

There is a piece of paper on both sides of the decal. Just pull off the back one, stick it on, then pull off the front one.

Is there a story behind the new decal that I missed?

Post Thanks / Like

It is a nifty decal, I haven't found the proper place to stick it yet so I haven't tried to remove it from it's protective covering. Are instructions really required?
    Nice work Peter L (or whoever was responsible for its design)

Post Thanks / Like

How can I get a couple? All my SWN's go to my Dads place...

Post Thanks / Like

Forwarded from KURT -

By now most members have probably received their copy of the Shortwing Piper News and have seen the new decal. Thanks go to Peter Lubig for the great idea!

To apply it to the surface of your choice, note that there are two pieces of backing, or paper on the decal, one on the back that protects the adhesive side and one on the front that protects the face. Remove the rear piece first, place the decal where you want it and stick it on. If you really want to be fancy, put a drop of dish washing soap in a spray bottle filled with water, and spray the solution on the surface where the decal will go. This will allow for initial repositioning. It also allows the removal of air bubbles using a soft rag, a small squeegee, or similar. Just gently rub the decal and smooth any bubbles to the outer edges where they'll slide out the side. I've watched vinyl sign guys do this and have used the technique myself to apply large decals and graphics.

Once the decal is in place, remove the piece of paper from the front side then stand back and admire your work!

Kurt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know that I exactly "forwarded" it, but since you brought it up, the above is located here:

http://www.shortwing.org/forum/showt...b-decal-design

Kurt
    63' Colt

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry KURT. Poor choice of words. Just thought you deserved credit for the info.