Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stc sa1-167

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stc sa1-167

Has anyone here bought this STC to put an O-320-A2B in a PA-20? I would like to replace my O-290-D with an O-320-A2B and would like to know if I can use my O-290 engine mount. Also is there anything else I need other than the Harrison oil cooler, PA-22 baffling and the 74DM prop. I appreciate any information or suggestions anyone cares to share. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stc sa1-167

I bought the STC, but have not installed my engine yet. I intend to make the baffling myself using the old stuff as a guide for trimming and fitting. According to Steve Pierce the mounts are all the same for the 290/320 engines.....he's the guy that would know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Pacerfgoe. Does the STC list any other things I need to do?

Post Thanks / Like

It,s the STC that I am using too, if you have the 125 HP O-290 there is a mod on the lower cowl to install the oil cooler there or use the Stewart's STC to put the oil cooler behind #4 cyl. also a mod to the fuel strainer caps to allow more fuel flow. Using Steve's Aircraft fuel strainers deals with requirment also. This STC allows the gross weight increase to 1950 lbs. with the flight manual suplement included. The motor mount is the same as is the exhaust system. Mines not done yet, (full restoration) hopefully this summer, so I have no reports yet but hope it flys like an angle.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate your reply idahopacer. Thanks for the additional information. I was concerned there were other items of compliance that I'm not prepared to deal with at this time. It appears that I can comply with the STC without a problem. I'll be buying it shortly. Thanks again. Best of luck on your restoration. I'm sure it will fly like an angle.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pacer with the conversion and was wondering if anyone had the flight manual supplement for this stc?
    or maybe where can you get one?

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like you got your questions answered. Engine mounts are the same, with the exception of some brackets, on everything from the PA16 Clipper on through all the Pacers and Tri-Pacers no matter what engine they had. Even the 150 hp Pawnee had the same mount. Baffles are different because the pattern of the mounting screws on the heads are inverted. The nice thing about Piper is that they kept it simple and didn't try and change things too much.

I don't have the flight manual supplemental but if I run across it I will post it here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the information. You're a great bunch here.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve...

I have not had much luck finding the aircraft flight supplement ....
    I will call the stc holder this week...

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the cover page and two limitation pages for the Susquehanna Aero Marine supplement dated Feb 14/58